I don’t know why Golden State Warriors fans act like there’s this great rivalry between the Warriors and Lakers
We Lakers fans couldn’t care less about the Warriors, but it wasn’t until I moved to the Bay Area when I realized that there is a rivalry between Warriors fans and Lakers fans, even though this “rivalry” is totally one-sided.
This rivalry really confuses me because other than increasing our win percentage, I do not understand why defeating the Warriors would be of any interest to Lakers fans, just as defeating the Lakers is of great interest to Warriors fans.
Lakers fans are interested in defeating the Heat (Kobe vs. LeBron), the Clippers (battle for L.A.), the Celtics (best rivalry in sports), the Spurs (always a playoff possibility), and even the Kings (hatred that goes back to 2002). But why, oh why, would we give two fucks about the Bay Area’s basketball team?
I will admit, Stephen Curry is a great basketball player and will do great things for a franchise that is FINALLY rising out of the ashes, but until the Warriors meet the Lakers in the Playoffs and make it a great series, the Golden State Warriors will always be irrelevant to Lakers fans.
Anonymous asked: Okay Why all the SF hate?
I don’t hate San Francisco. I actually think it’s a great city and I love living there. I just need a break from San Francisco because there are things about the city that make living there frustrating sometimes.
My Updated Bucket List
Everything in bold is either something that has been crossed out or added.
- Celebrate New Years at Times Square.
- Experience rush hour in Tokyo.
Create a bucket list with my future boyfriend.Summer 2013
- Go camping at Yosemite National Park.
- Go on a road trip along Pacific Coast Highway.
- Take a helicopter tour of one of the Hawaiian islands.
- Visit New Orleans and listen to live jazz music.
- Go to a Lakers game during the playoffs.
- Walk around Boston wearing my Lakers gear.
- Meet Enrique Iglesias, Adam Levine or Bradley Cooper.
- Ride an elephant in a foreign country.
- Go rock climbing… REAL rock climbing.
- Get swept off my feet with an unbelievable date.
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Go on a Disney date during the Christmas season.
- Visit a haunted house.
- Get a straight guy to make out with me.
- Experience Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro.
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
- Go skydiving in Hawaii.
- Be taken on an unforgettable, spontaneous adventure.
- See Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights) in person.
- Go parasailing in a tropical island.
Ride two intense roller coasters at Six Flags.4/27/2012
- Go to a Lakers game during the regular season.
- Be a Lakers season ticket holder.
- Be taken on a date that truly sweeps me off my feet.
- Attempt to find my way out of a corn maze.
- Meet Daniel Radcliffe.
- Go to a Lakers game on the road.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- Own a room with an amazing city view.
- Go on a spontaneous trip away from the city.
- Swim with dolphins.
Go to a gay club.08/10/2012
- Go hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro.
- Witness the great migration in the Serengeti.
- Scuba dive in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
- Get drunk at a wine tasting.
- Go on a zip lining adventure in the forest.
- Watch turtles hatch and run for the ocean.
- Fall asleep outdoors while watching a meteor shower
- Go on a cruise of the Fjords of Norway
- Kiss someone under some waterfalls.
- Spend New Year’s in a different continent.
- Go kayaking and tip over the kayak.
- Learn how to surf.
- Have a picnic at the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
Go on my first date. April 27, 2012
- Learn how to shoot a gun.
Visit the Pleasure Chest in West Hollywood.05/27/2012
- Buy a Pau Gasol jersey.
- Go to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Visit Rio, Rome, Istanbul, Shanghai, or Bangkok by 2017.
- Build an awesome fort with somebody.
- Be an LA tour guide for someone who has never been to LA.
- Visit Cedar Point in Ohio.
- Hear one of my favorite love songs played on the saxophone.
Become someone’s godfather.
- Meet my favorite porn star, Tyler Torro
Get my right ear piercedJanuary 31, 2013 Go to San Francisco PrideJune 29, 2013 Have my first boyfriendJuly 1, 2013
- Get kissed underneath the mistletoe
- Have a New Year’s kiss
Have my number one sexual fantasy come to life
- Live in New York City.
- Throw a hotel party.
- Go to Vegas with a great group of friends.
- Make $100 in tips as a server at a restaurant.
- Graduate from San Francisco State University
- Own a Corgi and name him Meeko
- Go to a Dodgers game.
- Create my own cocktail
- Go to a shooting range
SFO, please get your shit together
The gate for my flight to LA changed from 76A to 85 to 77B to 76A and then back to 85 -___-
If you knew how big the United Airlines terminal is at SFO, you would know how much walking was involved.
I’ve bitched about it once, and I’ll bitch about it again.
San Francisco has one of the worst public transportation systems in the country. Yes, it’s accessible to everyone and it can get you anywhere, but it’s highly unreliable and inefficient.
While other metropolitan areas are taking the initiative to get riders to their destination faster, Muni remains forever slow.
Ride any bus system in this city and there’s a stop every two streets, even on both ends of a block. How does that make any sense?!
Muni’s schedule is inconsistent. As I’m typing this all out, I just waited 18 minutes for a bus! The next bus after this is coming in 4 minutes. Is there no set schedule for the buses like any normal city?!
It takes me 50 minutes to get from my apartment to work, which is a 5.5-mile bus ride. I know people who can bike faster in that distance. It takes me 30 minutes to get from school to work, which is a 7-mile TRAIN ride. You would think trains would get you to your destination faster. These numbers alone prove how unreliable Muni is.
San Francisco, please do something about your shitty public transportation system.This would never happen in New York… or Chicago… or Boston.
Monthly Muni Pass holder
My roommate is wondering why people in the Philippines didn’t simply evacuate when warned about the super typhoon.
Although there was a warning about the storm’s power, who would have been able to predict that a 13-foot wall of water would wipe out coastal areas? Typhoon Haiyan definitely caused a lot of damage, but the storm surge had a MAJOR contribution to the wreckage as it was described by locals as “tsunami-like.” The flood caused by Hurricane Katrina, on the other hand, could have been predicted because New Orleans is below sea level.
On top of that, the Philippines is a third-world country and most of the cities on the hardest-hit islands are located along the coast. Where are people going to evacuate to? The mountains where they’re prone to landslides? Where in a city like Tacloban will you find an evacuation center that can support a city of 200,000 people? One that has the infrastructure that would withstand the force of a super typhoon?
A super typhoon with this much devastation is something the world hasn’t seen before, so I doubt there are too many countries that would have been prepared for Typhoon Haiyan.
I LOVE that Tumblr is showing its support for the typhoon victims in the Philippines by replacing the period with the Philippine sun :)
I’m rooting for Oregon next so that the entire West Coast can have marriage equality, just like all of New England has marriage equality. It’s slow progress, but it’s progress nonetheless, and this fight for marriage equality will be a story I can tell my children.
As for the homophobic people in the South who are too stupid, ignorant and conservative to be accepting of other people, I feel incredibly sorry for you because 50 years from now, you’re all going to look like the dumbasses you truly are for denying two people the right to marry.
For the people in the South who are part of/allies to the LGBT community and are accepting of everyone’s differences, I’m sorry you have to be surrounded by such uneducated and bigoted people. Times are changing though, so it will get better.
Typhoon Haiyan Proves that Global Warming is Real
I am going to make this as simple as I can for you uneducated people who refuse to believe that global warming is real. Believe me, I know science can be hard to understand, but if you conservative people open your minds to FACTS for once in your lives, I’m sure you’ll gain some knowledge. Don’t worry, I’ll even dumb everything down for you.
On a side note: Typhoons and hurricanes are the same thing, and I will be using the two terms interchangeably.
There are two main ingredients for a typhoon/hurricane: 1) A large body of warm water and 2) Warm and humid air. The warmer the water, the warmer the air, and the more humid the air, the stronger the possibility of a powerful typhoon. This is why typhoons form over tropical waters.
Now that we understand that concept, let’s look at what global warming is.
Global warming is the rise in the average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere. The temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere is rising because of our carbon emissions. Our carbon emissions come from fossil fuels such as gas, coal and oil, which we use every day. The excess carbon we are releasing is accumulating in the Earth’s atmosphere and trapping the sun’s heat with it. Normally, the sun’s energy penetrates the Earth and bounces back into space, but because of our carbon emissions, the sun’s heat stays in our atmosphere. If the heat is staying in our atmosphere, the Earth’s temperature rises, hence global warming.
Now let’s put the pieces together.
Hurricanes become more powerful over warmer water and warmer air. The Earth is getting warmer and warmer. Therefore, there is a correlation between climate change and extreme weather patterns.
If we don’t do our part to help this planet, this won’t be the last time we see catastrophic natural events such as Typhoon Haiyan, Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy. Something as simple as turning off your lights when you’re not using them or not using your car so much or pushing for renewable energy can have a positive impact on our planet.
I know I do what I can to help the planet, but if you people just want to sit there and ignore the FACTS, I hope you’re ready for Mother Nature’s fury.
My heart goes out to everyone in the Philippines whose lives are affected by what is possibly the most powerful typhoon to hit land in recorded history.
My name is Mark
21 years old
kin major at sfsu
Los Angeles is home
I love quesadillas and adventures around the city
21 years old
kin major at sfsu
Los Angeles is home
I love quesadillas and adventures around the city